Preacher: Dr Ohio O. Ojeagbase
Topic: Loyalty Vs Disloyalty
Sub Topic: A Culture Of Allegiance
Text: I Corinthians 4:1-7
1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. 4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. 5Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. 7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?
A culture can simply be defined as “the way we think and the way we do things around here”. The culture of a church is a power force. A church can either be a culture of love and loyalty or culture of hate and disloyalty. A church culture is simply the set of unique customs and values that members are accustomed to.
Culture of Faithfulness, Fidelity and Loyalty. Even in the business world the culture of the company determines how well it does. We don’t condone malicious talks in TREM LIGHTHOUSE CHAPEL as a result, undercurrents of murmurings and discontented people are not free to exist in our environment.
In TREM Lighthouse Chapel we take this value seriously: Proverbs 25:27-28
27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.
FIVE KEYS TO THE CULTURE OF LOYALTY
- The key of the North Wind.
Proverbs 25:23 “23 The north wind driveth away rain: so doth an angry countenance a backbiting tongue. “
Your face is the north wind. By your face you are not interested in their conversation. People will gradually know that in TREM Lighthouse we don’t back bite others.
Don’t be deceived by empty words that come out of baby Christians. Avoid deceptions that will plung you into being disloyal in the house of God or in your comity of friends.
- The Key of Constant Pruning
To have a culture of loyalty you must constantly prune the church of any element of disloyalty so that people know that you don’t condone or celebrate disloyal spirit in the house. Remove them quickly. I Corinthians 5:6 “, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? 7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
One dissenting employee pollutes the others with disgruntled attitude. Some people needed to be weeded out of the system. Don’t allow any leader of pastor team to pollute the precious sheep.
- The Key of Creating Fire
Acts 28:3 “3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.”
One of the sticks is a snake. The fire exposed it. Before being subjected to a fire, some snakes can pose as ordinary sticks.
** Fire of time exposes the snake-like nature of some people.
** Difficult times and hardships also bring out the true nature of people. Sometimes softening the path in which ministers travel does not help to test their hearts.
*** Don’t be in a hurry to promote people. Rebellion is of the heart. No amount of money or attractive conditions of service will prevent it.
** one of the fires that bring out snakes within a church is transferring attention to performers instead to positional minded people.
Acts 28:2-6 seasons in your life to shake off some things. There are four areas to shake off from your life
- Environmental barriers
- Erroneous benchmarks
- Established beliefs by the system
- Elementary blunders
A tail does not kill (it is just a tail describing the bursting the head and poison of the serpent). And the tail cannot stop you.
Champions bury their yesterday’s and keep their future alive glowing.
- The Key of Working with Willing People Only
Make sure you don’t have unwilling people around you. Constantly make a way for them to leave. II Corinthians 8:12 “. 12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.”
II Corinthians 8:1-15 Read Completely
- The Key of Teaching Against Disloyalty
Constant education will prevent people from unknowingly involving themselves in traitorous activities. Constantly teach on faithfulness and loyalty.
LESSONS ON LOYALTY
- Loyalty demands full persuasion of the character of the King. Jesus was accused falsely Luke 11:15 and Paul Acts 24:5. II Timothy 1:12 “7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. 12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. B. Openness about finances and vision Is important. Matthew 12:30 “He that is not with me is against me… You cannot be neutral in a crisis. You are in a great house so be fully persuaded.
- Your Loyalty Must Be to the Higher Authority. I Corinthians 11:1″1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”
- A Loyal Person Does Not Withhold Information. I Corinthians 5:1 “it was reported commonly to me that there is fornication among you… A loyal structure works by faithful people who inform the top about anything that is out of order. Even the house of Chloe reported contentions to lead pastor Paul I Corinthians 1:11. It leads to the edifying of the church. There is difference between godly report to spiritual authority and slanderous gossip. Mordecai told it Esther 2:21,22 ” 21 In those days, while Mordecai sat in the king’s gate, two of the king’s chamberlains, Bigthan and Teresh, of those which kept the door, were wroth, and sought to lay hand on the king Ahasuerus. 22 And the thing was known to Mordecai, who told it unto Esther the queen; and Esther certified the king thereof in Mordecai’s name. 23 And when inquisition was made of the matter, it was found out; therefore they were both hanged on a tree: and it was written in the book of the chronicles before the king. “. When you withhold information the impression you give is that you are in support of the rebellion going on.
- Loyalty is based on principles and not emotions. I Samuel 20:13″The LORD do so and much more to Jonathan: but if it please my father to do thee evil, then I will shew it thee, and send thee away, that thou mayest go in peace: and the LORD be with thee, as he hath been with my father.”
- Loyalty will cost you relationships and friendships. Everything has a price. Luke 14:26
Chidera Paul Re